OK, a little backstory:
I first started paleo seriously back at the end of 2014, it worked pretty well for me and I was able to compete in My sport ( Brazilian Jiujitsu at lowest I've ever been ( 181lbs) without having to cut weight. ( dehydrate myself or restrict calories ) After the holidays two things happened that changed my lifestyle. I got a new job, a desk job. First one in my entire life, and due to the holidays I stopped eating paleo after 90 days on it, to experiment with new ways of eating to build muscle and because of holiday sweets.
Fast forward to winter and spring, I've been trying to lose weight for the past 3 months. I've been strict paleo for the entire month of March, and have another tournament that I have to weigh 184lbs or less for again in May. Else I fight heavyweights.
I have absolutely no idea why weight is not dropping. I bought a paleo cook book and cook from that rather than eating out. I gave up eating out more than twice a month, and then only for a cheat meal.
I'll start my day with a primal friendly shake with water, almond milk, or real organic Fairlife milk.( milk has never really effected me, and At my desk I eat almonds, walnuts, and cashews with my coffee until lunch where I usually eather have a salad with spinach or a mix of meat and vegitables. ( usually beef, or pork). Then after work is training, followed by a bigger dinner to fill up.
I try to avoid fruit later on in the evening and only really eat it in the mornings, and noons.
I train in either Brazilian Jiujitsu ( BJJ ) 2-3 times a week which is a high cardio and strength workout, and weight lifting 2 times a week.
The weight lifting plan I follow is the "Rewired" Plan from Bodybuilding.com a 9 week split lifting plan. In addition I also do Judo once a week too. The plan is intended to be a fatloss lifting plan.
Even with all this I'm still around 198-200lbs!! I was this weight when I was eating junk food all day.
I only have 29 days before I have to be 184 or less, and am at my wits in for what to do about this. Any help is appreciated.
submitted by danjitsu91
[link] [1 comment]
Source link
via Paleohacks Paleo Cookbook Review http://ift.tt/1ER5CTZ
No comments:
Post a Comment