Monday, January 26, 2015

I added back in a bit of dairy, results were not pleasant. Thoughts on calcium?






I've never had any indication that I am at all intolerant to lactose. In fact, I've always been a big fan of cheese. Brie = joy.


I've been sticking to paleo M-F with Sat/Sun attempting to be paleo but worrying more about staying at a calorie deficit. Lately I noticed my nails were extra brittle and my calcium intake (via the nutrition tracking on MFP) was extremely low. I'm a little bit of a weirdo and I don't really believe in the effectiveness of supplements, so I try and get my nutrients from food sources when possible, with a few exceptions.


With that in mind, I added back in skim milk. Had a large glass with an otherwise paleo dinner tonight.


Mind you, I had cheese on pizza this weekend and felt no discomfort.


Roughly four hours post dinner I got very bloaty and gassy. Apologies for TMI but the smell is…..not ideal. No nausea or diarrhea or anything severe. Just a case of the bloaties. Glad only my cat is here to suffer through it with me.


Do you think this could be the milk? Is it possible for my body to not be used to it after cutting it way way down? Even when I had dairy products on Sat/Sun's, it was never straight milk. But I've certainly had skim milk before and did frequently growing up, so I have a hard time believing I became intolerant over the course of a couple months.


Anyone have experience with adding a small amount of dairy back into paleo? If not, how do you typically get your calcium?


Much thanks!



submitted by unicornhornforcats

[link] [comment]







Source link






via Paleohacks Paleo Cookbook Review http://ift.tt/1JxmMVU

No comments:

Post a Comment